We are looking for a candidate who is able to demonstrate the ability to follow directions and a route plan so as to ensure the efficient and safe delivery of our high-quality goods to our growing customer base. We are also looking for an individual who strives to achieve excellent customer service and who holds a positive and pro-active approach to their responsibilities
Initially the hours of work will be 48 hours per week Monday to Friday from 5:00am to 7:00pm (this includes your 30 minute un paid break). However, these days may change as company continues to expand to suit the business requirements. The successful candidate must be prepared to be flexible about these changes.
The successful candidate will be responsible for
- Vehicle daily walk around checks and defect reporting to the Transport Manager.
- Ensuring vehicles are kept presentable at all times in line with company procedures.
- Ensuring all related recording documents are completed in line with company procedures.
- The safe and efficient delivery of products to food service customers on the designated rounds.
- Complying with appropriate company procedure in reporting and documenting accident and damage reports.
- Adhering to our strict attitude towards health and safety and our safe systems of work related to the position.
- Undertaking other duties as directed.
- Occasional nights out (£35 overnight allowance)
We are looking for an energetic and positive individual who possesses significant attention to detail. The successful candidate will also:
- Be required to have a CRB/DBS check.
- Be helpful and self-motivated, able to work individually as well as in a team.
- Be proactive in achieving business growth.
- Hold a positive and proactive attitude to the health and safety standards required of the role
- Have good verbal and written communications and have a good standard of literacy and numeracy skills.
- Be able to demonstrate a focus on great customer service and be dedicated to upholding the company’s image and values.
- Be comfortable with handling and accounting for cash.
- Be comfortable with early morning starts.
- Keep an accurate record of deliveries and collections using delivery documentation.
- Have an exemplary vehicle and personal accident record.
- Be conversant with driver responsibilities under the Working Time and Tachograph regulations.
- Be prepared to drive anything from a Sprinter van up to a 26 tonne HGV Class 2 vehicle as required.
- Be fit and capable of manually handballing as well as pallet loading/unloading.
Applicants must hold the following:
- A full and Clean HGV Class 2 Drivers Licence
- A valid CPC card
- A valid Digi Tachograph drivers card
It is desirable, but not necessary, that the applicant holds related health and safety qualifications
In return we offer
- £25,350.00 Per Annum plus a £50 monthly bonus
- Social events/nights out
- Staff Discounts on goods
Hannah Foods operates a zero tolerance Drink and Drugs Policy
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment Drug Test
Your application status and all correspondence will be made via email. Please check your email account regularly.
Only applicants who demonstrate they meet ‘the person’ specification and ‘qualifications’ will be shortlisted. If you have not received an email inviting you for interview within 14 days of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We reserve the right to close this job advert as soon as sufficient applications have been received. Please apply for this job as soon as you can, if interested.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE
HGV CLASS 2 DRIVER
Fill out the form below or give us a call on: 01695 51400.
Come and join us
HGV CLASS 3 DRIVER
HGV Class 3 Driver – Food Service - Skelmersdale Available immediately is an exciting opportunity to join our team as a HGV Class 3 Driver in our rapidly growing business’s Fleet department
HGV CLASS 2 DRIVER
HGV Class 2 Driver – Food Service - Skelmersdale Available immediately is an exciting opportunity to join our team as a HGV Class 2 Driver in our rapidly growing business’s Fleet department.