HGV Class 3 Driver – Food Service – Skelmesdale
Hannah Food Service are a family run business who have been serving the food service sector for over 30 years.
Available immediately is an exciting opportunity to join our team as a HGV Class 3 Driver in our rapidly growing business’s Fleet department.
We are looking for a candidate who is able to demonstrate the ability to follow directions and a route plan so as to ensure the efficient and safe delivery of our high quality goods to our growing customer base. We are also looking for an individual who strives to achieve excellent customer service and who holds a positive and pro-active approach to health and safety.
The hours of work will be 40 hours per week. Initially the days of work will be Monday to Friday. However, these days may change as the business continues to expand to suit the business requirements. The successful candidate must be prepared to be flexible about this change.
We are looking for an energetic and positive individual with great attention to detail. The successful candidate will:
- Be required to have a CRB/DBS check
- Be helpful and self-motivated, able to work as a team and individual
- Be proactive in achieving business growth
- Hold a positive and proactive attitude to the health and safety standards required of the role
- Have good verbal and written communications and have a good standard of literacy and numeracy skills.
- Be able to demonstrate a focus on great customer service and be dedicated to upholding the company’s image and values
- Be comfortable with handling and accounting for cash
- Be comfortable with working alone and with early morning starts
- Keep an accurate record of deliveries and collections using delivery documentation
- Have an exemplary accident record
- Be conversant with driver responsibilities under the Working Time Regulations including working hours, rest breaks & tachograph legislation
- Be prepared to drive anything from a Sprinter van up to a 7.5 tonne HGV Class 3 truck as required (whilst still receiving Class 3 pay).
- Driving experience in a fast paced environment.
- Be fit and capable of manually handballing as well as pallet loading/unloading.
The successful candidate will be responsible for
- Vehicle daily walk around checks and defect reporting to the Fleet Manager
- Ensuring vehicles are kept presentable at all times in line with company procedures
- Ensuring all related recording documents are completed in line with company procedures
- The safe and efficient delivery of products to food service customers on the designated rounds
- Complying with appropriate company procedure in reporting and documenting accident and damage reports as appropriate
- Complying with driver’s responsibilities under the Working Time Regulations including working hours, rest breaks & tachograph legislation
- Adhering to our strict attitude towards health and safety and our safe systems of work related to the position
- Undertaking other duties as directed
- Be prepared to drive anything from a Sprinter van up to a 7.5 tonne HGV Class 3 truck
- Applicants must hold the following:
- A full and Clean HGV Class 3 Drivers Licence
- A valid CPC card
- A valid digi tachograph drivers card
- In return we offer
- £9 per hour
- Social events/nights out
- Staff discounts on goods
It is desirable, but not necessary, that the applicant holds related health and safety qualification.
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment Drug Test.
Hannah Foods operates a zero tolerance Drink and Drugs Policy
Your application status and all correspondence will be made via email. Please check your email account regularly.
Only applicants who demonstrate they meet ‘the person’ specification and ‘qualifications’ will be shortlisted. If you have not received an email inviting you for interview within 14 days of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We reserve the right to close this job advert as soon as sufficient applications have been received. Please apply for this job as soon as you can, if interested.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE
HGV CLASS 3 DRIVER
Fill out the form below or give us a call on: 01695 51400.
Come and join us
HGV CLASS 3 DRIVER
HGV Class 3 Driver – Food Service - Skelmersdale Available immediately is an exciting opportunity to join our team as a HGV Class 3 Driver in our rapidly growing business’s Fleet department
HGV CLASS 2 DRIVER
HGV Class 2 Driver – Food Service - Skelmersdale Available immediately is an exciting opportunity to join our team as a HGV Class 2 Driver in our rapidly growing business’s Fleet department.